GLENLAKES GOLF CLUB
MEMBER RULES AND REGULATIONS
Membership Term and Payment
- The term of this membership shall be for a period of one (1) year from the date of application. Upon written notice Member may terminate their membership after this initial one (1) year period or Member may elect to extend their membership on a month-to-month basis. Member agrees to pay and be liable for all applicable dues and charges associated with said membership during the initial one (1) year period and for all subsequent months if electing to continue their membership.
- Member invoices for dues/charges are due by the 15th of each month. If not paid by the 30th of the month, the account will be considered delinquent and a 10% late fee will be assessed on the unpaid balance. If a Member’s account remains delinquent after 60 days, the Member’s charging privileges and Club privileges will be suspended.
- GlenLakes Golf Club (“the Club”) assumes no liability for injury occurring on the golf course or any areas of the Club. Members and Guests use the Club facilities at their own risk, including, but not limited to, during inclement weather and lightning activity. All persons using or entering the Club premises assume the risk of personal injury and the loss of personal property and release the Club and its affiliates, management, partners, shareholders, officers, agents, and employees from any and all liability for such injury and losses.
- Members and Guests using a Club-owned golf cart accept and assume all responsibility for liability connected with the operation of the golf cart. Members and Guests expressly indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Club and their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, representatives and agents from any and all damages, whether direct or consequential, arising from or related to the Members or Guests use and operation of the golf cart.
- Damage to, or loss of, property of the Club, or of its Members or Guests, caused by a Member or a Member’s Guest or Family, will be the responsibility of the Member and shall be charged to the Member. The Club will not be responsible for any loss of, or injury to, any property of Members or Guests. The Club will not be responsible for loss of valuables, clothing, golf bags, clubs or other property.
- Members agree to be personally responsible for all charges and expenses as may be incurred by them and/or family members and guests.
- Members who wish to change their membership status must submit their request to the Club in writing thirty (30) days in advance.
- “Cutting in” is not permitted at any time. All players must check in with the Starter after registering in the Golf Pro Shop. All players must start play from the first tee unless otherwise permitted by the Golf Pro Shop or Starter. No golf may be originated from a member’s house or other location on the golf course.
- All operators of a golf cart must be sixteen (16) years of age or older and have a valid driver’s license.
- Members are asked to observe all cart path signs. Carts are to be kept at least fifteen (15) yards from greens and tees and must remain on the cart paths on par 3’s and around teeing areas.
- Repair all ball marks on greens and place sand in all divots taken. Enter and leave bunkers at the nearest level point to the green and smooth sand over with a rake upon leaving.
- Refrain from intentionally damaging the greens, tees and/or fairways. The Club will levy individual fines for willful destruction to greens, tees and/or fairways as deemed appropriate.
- There will be no practicing on any part of the golf course except the practice range or practice green. Removal of range balls from the practice area is prohibited.
- GlenLakes Golf Members may reserve tee times fourteen (14) days prior to the date of play.
- No Member shall reprimand or in any way abuse an employee of the Club, but shall report all instances of misconduct or other complaints to the General Manager. Employees are not permitted to leave their stations, and Members are requested not to send employees on errands without consulting the appropriate supervisor. Any employee not rendering courteous and prompt service should be reported to the General Manager.
- No alcoholic beverages may be consumed on the Club premises, including the grounds, except those that are provided by the Club. That is to say that personal coolers and beverages purchased elsewhere are prohibited. GlenLakes staff reserves the right to confiscate any personal coolers/beverages not purchased at the Club. These items will be returned to the member/guest after they conclude their round. The General Manager and staff have the absolute right to refuse service to any Member or Guest based on the individual’s apparent state of intoxication.
- Each Member and his/her Guests are required to have their own set of golf clubs and observe all normal golf etiquette.
- Jogging, bicycling, fishing or recreational walking is not permitted on the golf course during golf operational hours.
- Members, their Guests and other golf club patrons are expected to conduct themselves in a manner which will reflect the highest standards of the game of golf. Courtesy must always be exhibited toward other players, golf club staff, the General Manager, course employees and volunteers. Breaches of etiquette, discourteous behavior, behavior that interferes with golf club operations, or displays of poor sportsmanship will result in prompt and appropriate disciplinary action which, at the discretion of the Board of Directors, may include a written warning, suspension or expulsion, and in the case of a Guest or other golf club patron, withdrawal of future privileges. Decisions of the Board of Directors with respect to disciplinary action may be issued without further notice or hearing, and are unreviewable except at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Each 18-hole round should be completed in 4 hours and 15 minutes. This amount of time is more than adequate, provided all players remain aware of the course and keep pace. The Marshal has the authority to keep play moving at the proper pace for all players’ enjoyment. Members who are unable to play in a reasonable amount of time may be required to tee off during designated times of the day. When play of a hole is completed, leave the green immediately and proceed to the next tee where scoring may be recorded while teeing off. If you are holding up the group behind you, please be courteous and let them play through.
- Members with medical conditions which will preclude them from being able to golf for more than three (3) months may be eligible to go on “inactive status.” The Member must submit their request in writing to the Club thirty (30) days in advance along with a doctor’s note. Members who leave the area for more than three (3) months may also be eligible to go on “inactive status” by submitting their request to the Club in writing thirty (30) days in advance. The Club reserves the right to approve or deny any requests for “inactive status.” If the Club approves the Member’s request, they will still be obligated to pay a fee each month to remain on “inactive status” and to keep their membership from terminating. Members will be allowed to go on “inactive status” only one time during any calendar year.
Any member who wishes to get off the Unlimited cart plan/ or trail fee plan, must remain off for a period of 12 months. The program is not designed for usage on good weather months, and discontinuance on winter months.
Members may opt to inactive status for three (3) months due to health reasons with doctor’s note and 30 days notice to Club Manager or Account Manager. Member is eligible to regain status after this inactive time. Members who move to permanent residence, and declare inactive status, may re-join cart plan/trail plan within the 12 month period. All requests must be approved by the General Manager, and file with Club Office Manager/Accounting Manager in writing.
- Complaints, comments, and suggestions from Members, Staff, Owners and Guests are always welcome and should be directed to the Head Golf Professional or General Manager. There is a “suggestion box” located in the lobby in the Clubhouse. Prompt attention will be paid to all messages left in this box.
- The following should be provided when reporting misconduct:
- Name or golf cart number of offender
- Name of another group member at the time of infraction
- Date, time and location of infraction
- Witness to the infraction other than person reporting the infraction
- All reports will be kept confidential. The General Manager may adjudicate all infractions and issue appropriate disciplinary action under authority of the Board of Directors of the Club in accordance with ¶19 above.
Private Golf Carts
- Members using their own personal cart accept and assume all responsibility for liability connected with the operation of their golf cart. Members expressly indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Club and their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, representatives and agents from any and all damages, whether direct or consequential, arising from or related to the Members’ use and operation of their personal golf cart. The Club will not be responsible for damage to the personal carts of Members.
- Members are required to maintain and keep current general liability insurance to cover their golf cart. Each privatelyownedgolfcartmustbeauthorizedbytheClubpriortouseatGlenLakes. Cartsaretobestandard electric carts only (not lifted) with tops and windshields.
- The Club may revoke/cancel any authorized cart without notice if: (i) Member ceases to be a member in good standing of GlenLakes, (ii) Member violates any provision of this Agreement, (iii) the authorized cart is not maintained in accordance with the standards set forth herein, or (iv) the Member moves out of the GlenLakes subdivision.
- Authorization is valid only for the cart for which it is issued. An authorization is non-transferable to any other cart, however, a Member may transfer authorization to another member of GlenLakes Golf Club upon purchase by such Member of the authorized cart and with the approval of the Club.
- At no time may a cart be “trailered in” for use by a Member.
- Full Members and Lakes Members will be allowed to use their own personal golf carts on the golf course with payment of applicable monthly or annual trail fees. Trail Fee Members will be given a cart sticker to be displayed in the bottom corner of the windshield on the driver’s side, which will be used to identify their personal golf carts. At no time may a personal golf cart be used on the golf course without paying a trail fee and displaying the appropriate cart sticker.
- Lakes Only Trail Fee Members who wish to play the Vista and/or Dunes courses must pay the applicable greens fee being charged by the Club.
- Full Members who do not pay a monthly or annual trail fee will be required to use a Club-owned cart and pay the applicable cart fee being charged by the Club.
- Lakes Only Members who do not pay a trail fee and wish to play the Vista and/or Dunes courses will be required to use a Club-owned cart and pay the applicable greens fee and cart fee being charged by the Club.
- Violations of any of these provisions may result in disciplinary action which may include suspension or expulsion.
- If a Trail Fee Member wishes to terminate their trail fee privilege, they may do so by providing thirty (30) days written notice to the Club. The Member must also return their cart sticker to the Club before the expiration of this thirty (30) day period. Until their cart sticker is returned to the Club, the Member will continue to be responsible for paying trail fees and such fees will continue to appear on the Member’s billing statement until the cart sticker is returned.
- The trail fee may be increased at the discretion of the Club.
- In case of a breakdown, the Member’s personal cart should be moved out of the way and removed from the golf course by the Member within a two (2) hour period. The Club may, but shall not be obligated to tow, with any expenses to be reimbursed immediately by the Member. In such event, the Club shall not be liable for any damage to the Member’s cart caused by towing and the Member hereby indemnifies and holds the Club harmless from any claims resulting therefrom.
Rev. 1/1/17; 5/1/18; 9/25/18